The subscription School was founded in 1808, this is known due to an annual general meeting notice posted in a local newspaper in 1868 that informs us that the subscription school was founded in 1808 and that the societies members fees would be one shilling collected annually.

Not a lot of information is held on the school however the group has a copy of the subscription society minutes from 1860 which provide an insight into the running of the society and the costs for the school.