Camnethan Street School

Camnethan Street School, more affectionately known as the ‘Dominie’ (Scots for school master) was closed in 1947 with the children being transferred to Townhead School. It was briefly opened on occasion while renovations took place to Townhead School in 1950/51 and as a dinner hall and overflow of classes from Townhead. In 1956 the school was sold to the Congregational Church and demolished to make way for a housing development in March 1995